The Trampoline and Tumbling department at Technique offers a wide variety of classes designed to help your child attain his or her goals in our safe and encouraging training facility.
Students learn trampoline skill progressions with a relaxed approach. These classes do not have level requirements and classes are taught in age groups.
What is Trampoline and Tumbling?
The gymnastics discipline of trampoline and tumbling, often referred to at T&T, includes competition in trampoline, synchronized trampoline, double mini-trampoline and power tumbling. Both girl and boys can participate in all four events. Whatever the event, you’re sure to see numerous high-flying skills which include multiple flips and twists combined into one “routine”. This is elite, Olympic level trampoline and tumbling at its finest.
Who is T&T for?
Trampoline and tumbling can be thrilling and exciting! Bouncing high, learning body control and developing spatial awareness are all adventures of the sport. T&T can be a well-suited activity for children and teenagers of any shape, size, coordination or fitness level. A recreational T&T class includes basic progressions promoting rapid skill acquisition and learning. These programs help beginner athletes build strength, stamina and coordination in a fun-filled, high-flying format. Once safety techniques are mastered, students can “jump” into the sport, learning more than 100 skill combinations before even considering inverted movements (e.g. flipping).
Why participate in T&T?
There are many benefits for boys and girls of all ages including:
- Physical fitness development- especially in the areas of strength, agility and coordination
- Cognitive skill development- The gross motor development, laterality, and neural activity found in jumping and spinning facilitates learning by creating concrete operations in the developing child.
- Life skills development- particularly self-confidence, teamwork, responsibility, friendship and sportsmanship.
- Accomplishment of goals- setting goals and working to achieve those.
- Greater longevity in the sport- the natural resilience of the apparatus reduces wear and tear on the body. It is common to see athletes sill competing international in their late 30s!
- College Scholarship Fund- the availability of a college scholarship fund through the Trampoline & Tumbling Program at USA Gymnastics offers financial support to high-level athletes.
- It’s FUN and great exercise!
This class introduces the “no or little experience” student to the basic skills cartwheels, handstands, standing round off, power hurdle round off, and two step hurdle round off.
This class takes a strong round off and turns it into the much coveted round off back handspring and standing back handspring. Students also begin to work intermediate skills on the trampoline.
Building from the round off back handspring, this class works multiple back handsprings, round off back handspring back tuck, round off back tuck, standing back tuck, front tuck, and basic twisting techniques.
This class is for advanced tumbling skills. This includes full and double full twisting layouts, double backs, front and back tumbling series.